Reports to: Operations Manager – Security Officer
Guard, patrol, or monitor premises to prevent theft, violence, or infractions of rules.
• Performs security patrols.
• Protects property from theft, fire, and accidents.
• Patrol premises regularly to maintain order and establish presence.
• Monitor and authorize entrance of vehicles or people in the property.
• Investigate people for suspicious activity or possessions.
• Respond to alarms by investigating and assessing the situation.
• Investigates and writes reports on accidents, incidents, suspicious activities, and other security related situations.
• Provides assistance to customers, employees and visitors following the department’s procedures.
• Warn persons of rule infractions or violations.
• Escort or evict violators of company procedures from premises.
• Apprehend and detain perpetrators according to legal protocol before arrival of authorities.
• Submit reports of daily surveillance activity and important occurrences.
• Patrol premises to prevent and detect signs of intrusion and ensure security of doors, windows, and gates.
• Check surveillance cameras periodically to identify disruptions or unlawful acts.
The physical requirements described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. The position is very active and requires standing, walking, bending, kneeling, stooping, crouching, crawling, and climbing on a regular basis. The employee must frequently lift and/or move items over 75 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
This position has no supervisor responsibilities.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently patrolling outside in extreme weather conditions. The position is also required to patrol the warehouse and will be exposed to moving mechanical parts and vibration. Exposure to a combination of normal office, outdoor, and warehouse environments.
Position Type/ Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Hours of work vary depending upon assigned shift.
Required Education and Experience
• Proven experience as security officer or guard
• Knowledge of legal guidelines for area security and public safety
• Familiarity with report writing
• Excellent surveillance and observation skills
• Tech-savvy with experience in surveillance systems
• Trained in First Aid/BLS and self-defense
• High School diploma is required
Preferred Education and Experience
• A security related certification.
• 2 years’ experience working as a security guard.
Philadelphia Wholesale Produce Market is an equal opportunity employer.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.