The Maintenance position is responsible for troubleshooting and fixing equipment and building systems that are down. This position is also required to make sure that facilities are functional, well maintained and clean.
• Conducting routine inspections of premises and equipment.
• Performing preventative maintenance.
• Handling basic repairs and maintenance.
• Overseeing contractors when professional repairs are necessary.
• Diagnosing mechanical issues and correcting them.
• Repairing machines, equipment, or structures as necessary.
• Install equipment and machinery.
• Do garden/yard upkeep by mowing lawn, collecting trash etc.
• Observe and test system operation, using gauges and instruments.
• Adjust valves according to specifications and charge system with proper type of refrigerant by pumping the specified gas or fluid into the system.
• Dismantle malfunctioning systems and test components, using electrical, mechanical, and pneumatic testing equipment.
• Adjust or replace worn or defective mechanisms and parts and reassemble repaired systems.
• Braze or solder parts to repair defective joints and leaks.
• Perform mechanical overhauls and refrigerant reclaiming.
• Keep records of repairs and replacements made and causes of malfunctions.
• Install wiring to connect components to an electric power source.
• Estimate, order, pick up, deliver, and install materials and supplies needed to maintain equipment in good working condition.
• Cut, bend, thread, and connect pipe to functional components and water, power, or refrigeration system.
The physical requirements described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. The position is very active and requires standing, walking, bending, kneeling, stooping, crouching, crawling, and climbing on a regular basis. The employee must frequently lift and/or move items over 75 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
This position does not require any supervisory responsibility.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to refrigeration, extreme temperatures, moving mechanical parts and vibration. The Maintenance technician is sometime exposed to outside weather conditions.
Position Type/ Expected Hours of Work:
This is a full-time position. Hours of work vary depending upon assigned shift.
Required Education and Experience:
• Minimum of 1 year experience in maintenance.
• High school diploma or GED.
• Ability to take apart machines, equipment, or devices to remove and replace defective parts.
• Ability to check blueprints, repair manuals, or parts catalogs as necessary.
• Ability to use common tools such as hammers, hoists, saws, drills, and wrenches.
• Experience with precision measuring instruments or electronic testing devices.
• Experience performing routine maintenance.
Preferred Education and Experience:
Degree in related field such as mechanical, electrical or HVAC/ refrigeration.
Philadelphia Wholesale Produce Market is an equal opportunity employer.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.